Thursday, May 13, 2010

Farm Inspections May 13, 2010

I had planned to head north to Wathena Kansas and St. Joseph, Missouri this week but changed my mind with all the rain we got on Wednesday. I didn't want to take a chance in getting stuck in the mud. Instead I went to Platt City to visit Carrie Georges or as she is known around the Market, the "Dip Stick Lady". Carrie makes dip and bread mixes out of her licensed home kitchen. The dip mixes are packaged in straws with the precise amount of seasoning to add to a tub of sour cream. Carrie is at the market most Saturday's stall 53 and Sunday's stall 117. For more information visit her web site at www.imadipstick.com.

Next stop is Independence,Mo so I headed east on Hwy 92. Bloomers Greenhouse is located just south of the intersection of 210 and 291. I always enjoy walking through the green houses with all their wonderful fragrances and beautiful plants. Lauri had a great selection of very unusual plants, which I have not seen in the other green houses I had visited this year. You will find Bloomers at the market on Saturdays stalls 60-62 April through June.

If it drys out a little I will be heading to Saint Joe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment