Saturday, February 4, 2017



There has been a great interest in vending at the farmers market this year so I am trying to stay on top of things and checking new vendors as soon as I can. All vendors in the Artist / Crafter category must have their art work or handmade products approved by market management prior to renting a space. We do this to insure that the person selling the item at the farmers’ market is also making it. 

We received a new application from Jordan Long a couple of weeks ago. Jordan is fairly new to Kansas City and his day job is teaching art at an elementary school in Kansas. Jordan paints in acrylic and watercolors and in some cases creates custom canvases to enhance his subject matter.  I had a lovely visit with Jordan and his mother, who is visiting, about their family farm in Oklahoma. I do love talking about farms.


Jordan plans to sell his art at the Sunday farmers’ market in the very near future; he brings something very unique to the Market.
  
Next week the City Market will have a booth at the KC Lawn and Garden show at Kemper Arena, I am sure I will not have enough time to visit any vendors next week but I hope to get out to quite a few of our existing Artist / Crafter vendors workshops in the next few weeks. I need to get this done soon since it will be time to visit greenhouses before I know it which means spring is almost here, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment