Monday, June 5, 2017

Sarah here! For those of you who haven’t met me yet, I’m the assistant farmers’ market manager here at the City Market.

This year we’ve started a Youth Market on Wednesdays afternoons, 2pm-6pm from June through August. The Youth Market lets kids ages 5 to 18 come to the City Market to sell items they have grown or made themselves.

For more information on the Youth Market, check out the page on our website or read through the 2017 Youth Market Handbook.

That being said, I’ll be doing the bulk of the inspections for the Youth Market! It’s very exciting visiting with the future generation of the farmers’ market! Back in May, Deb and I went out to Sweet Delights Bakery in Sedalia, Missouri to visit with Nadiya, Tim, and Arthur. These siblings work out of a licensed kitchen in their home and are in the farmer category. They’re thrilled to come to the market with breads, cookies, and cakes they’ve been perfecting. When we arrived they were in the middle of making madeleines, enchanting little cookies in shell-shaped pans.

I’m ashamed to say that Tim and Arthur bake better bread than I do. They walked me through the whole process, laughing a little bit when I wasn't quite sure what ingredients went into bread.



Be sure to come out to the first Wednesday market of the year!
This week on June 7th from 2pm to 6pm. See you at the market!


No comments:

Post a Comment