Wednesday, April 26, 2017



Last week I visited two new artist crafter vendors who live near the City Market, in fact I was able to walk to Jamie’s home which was a nice change.

After a great deal of research and a lot of passion Jamie Gabriel created her own line of scrubs, balms and oils. By day Jamie is a pharmacy tech and by night she makes a line of products that encourages a healthier skin regimen which also contains therapeutic materials. Jamie has a very efficient and clean work area set up in her kitchen where she makes, packages and labels her products. While I was there I watched her make a sugar scrub which smelled amazing. Jamie plans to bring her product to the Sunday Market very soon, I am sure she will set up by Mother’s Day for sure. Just a little reminder for everyone Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 14th. Jamie’s business name is #Rehab Skin Intervention which is a very fitting name.







I actually had to drive to Ashley Eplee’s home since this will be a two part visit. Ashley has a craft area set up in her dining room in Kansas City but also uses a workshop at her brother’s house in Richmond, MO where she makes all her wood items, so I will visit both locations. I think Ashley will have a very cute stall at the Sunday Market since she has a really nice variety of items. I loved the little mini pallet coasters she makes; they look like a real pallet. She also makes soy Mason jar candles, rice neck warmers which can be used cold or hot, very cute wood signs, birdhouses, painted wine bottle vases and eventually some small furniture. Ashley has so many ideas in her head for items she would like to make as the year goes on, which means her stall will be forever changing which is very cool. I do require vendors to get approval for any new item before they are allowed to sell them in their stall.





Tomorrow I am heading out to visit a few farms and some greenhouses, I am sure with all the rain in the forecast I will need t make sure I have my boots.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb. While doing a search for Dry Lake Farm in Farley I came across your blog. I was at the City Market today to get my annual tomato plants. My new favorite is "Jelly Bean" and only Lloyd grows these. BUT he forgot them from home. Perfectly understandable. He said he'll bring them next Saturday. I'm writing you to see if there's an email or phone number for Lloyd to make sure he doesn't forget them as I want to get some next Saturday. They're that good! Can you help?

    ReplyDelete